Flavored butter is one of my absolute favorite toppings for steak. Its also something that’s nice to have around the house.
ROASTED GARLIC BUTTER
- 3 whole heads garlic
- 3 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
In order to make this flavored butter, we first need to make a nice Roasted Garlic Puree. If you make more puree than you need right now, you can store the excess in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a couple of weeks.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F;
- Remove outer layer of skin from head of garlic. Cut the top 1/2 inch off the top to expose the cloves;
- Place cloves in a piece foil;
- Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with thyme;
- Wrap the garlic heads tightly in foil and set on a baking pan;
- Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour or until garlic is soft;
- After the garlic has cooled a little bit, squeeze the warm cloves out of their peels;
- Mash the garlic with a fork or in food processor;
Now we’re ready to make the butter.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons garlic puree
- Salt Substitute
In a bowl, combine the softened butter and garlic puree, and salt to taste. Mix well. Scoop the mixed butter into an airtight container. Place in a freezer for at least 30 minutes to firm up. Store in freezer for up to three months.