Creamed spinach and beef go together like peanut butter and chocolate.
Here’s what you need:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound fresh spinach (washed and torn to pieces)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
After you’ve assembled your ingredients, sing Popeye the Sailorman. If there is more than one of you in the room, do it in harmony.
- Put a large skillet on high heat and melt two tablespoons of the butter in it;
- Add spinach, cover and cook for about a minute, until it begins to steam;
- Lower heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes;
- Drain spinach, put in blender and puree. Don’t liquefy it. Stop at puree;
- Heat heavy cream in sauce pan;
- Saute 2 tablespoons butter, along with the garlic and onion;
- Whisk in flour until it is fully blended and then add in the heated cream and sugar. Whisk it. Whisk it good!
- Add spinach to mixture, along with lemon juice and salt and pepper as necessary.